Zi Char - Thaipan

Zi Char - Thaipan


13 Siglap Road
Mandarin Gardens

2 Netheravon Road
Changi Civil Service Club



http://www.thaipan.com.sg/



.....




Thaipan holds a special place in my life, as my church cell group leader stays just above this place, in the condominium, and my cell group met here for years. So this place brings back memories of celebrations, chilling sessions, evangelism events, etc. 


Of course, we wouldn't have kept coming back to Thaipan if the food, and the price, wasn't good. We were all students back then, and Thaipan was one of the few zi-char places you could go on a budget and still get good quality food. 


My personal favorite would have to be the butter squid. I still swear it's the best I've ever eaten, the butter sauce is smooth and creamy, and complements the squid well. Delicious, albeit unhealthy. I always had the slight tinge of guilt in the back of my mind when I indulged in this. 


Another favorite would be the Olive Fried Rice, which is also Thaipan's specialty. Each grain of rice is well seasoned and infused with flavor, and is served with a meat sauce and salad. Caution: The small chilies are extremely hot! 


Service can be a little sporadic at Thaipan... On busy days, you could wait for the food for up to 15 minutes. Personally, I feel it's worth the wait. 




Butter Squid



Cereal Chicken



Foo Yong Omelette



Jing Du Pork Chop



Olive Fried Rice



Pearl Prawns



Special Mee Goreng



Stir-Fried French Beans With Dried Shrimp



Yam Paste With Gingko Nuts








.....



CONVERSATION