Bible On Friendship

Bible On Friendship

What does the Bible have to say on Friendship?


.....


On how to Treat your Friends

“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you." - John 15:12-15

"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you." - Ephesians 4:29-32

"Do to others as you would have them do to you." - Luke 6:31

"Love one another with brotherly affection. Out do one another in showing honor." - Romans 12:10


.....


On Choosing your Friends

"He that walketh with wise men shall be wise, but a companion of fools shall be destroyed." - Proverbs 13:20

"Do not be deceived: 'Bad company ruins good morals'.” - 1 Corinthians 15:33

"Better is open rebuke than hidden love. Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses." - Proverbs 27:5-6





.....


CONVERSATION